Curios about carb replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curios about carb replacements

I have an 82' 850GS. What other years and models can I swap parts out to fit on my set of cv carbs. I need a set of diaphragms and I honestly dont want to spend the $100 per carb. Un real price and thats why im just wondering about other years and models. Thanks.

do you have the bs32 or the bs34 cause the bs32 i believe came on the 550,650,750,850. but I may be wrong.

Comment

Neither. I have the CV type.

Comment

He should have BS32's and if you shop around and are patient, can probably find a complete set for under $200.00 with all the spare parts you'll ever need (assuming they are in good shape). Diaphragms can also be repaired with some success.

Comment

Oh sorry about the CV-BS. Yeah its 32mm. I heard more bad stuff about repairing a diaphragm than good. I think I saw a pic that the repaired diaphragm actually melted inside the edge of the bowl. I have one thats ripped/torn just a little around the edges here and there. Another one is verly slightly torn around around the edges. I guess that's all it takes for the whole vacuum thing to part out. But I have lined up the tab with tab when putting back the tops back together.

Comment

Johnny,

i have the suzuki cross reference software. Would the carb be the carb assembly? if so there are 4 other 850's that would work.
            1979 GS850G
            2004 SV650N track bike
            2005 TT-R125 pit bike
            LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

I wanna say yes. I think the doctor can confirm your question better than I can.

Comment

Originally posted by tas850g View Post
                Johnny,

i have the suzuki cross reference software. Would the carb be the carb assembly? if so there are 4 other 850's that would work.
                Far as I know (BassCliff or someone who owns an 850 could confirm). Any 850G from 1980 on (GL, GX, GT, etc...) would work. 80 is the year they went from VM carbs to CV carbs.

Comment

This is what i have for 82 GS850gz

Part # = 13204-45160
                  Part Description = CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY
                  Model Count = 4
                  GS850GD 1983 844 GS850G STREET
                  GS850GLD 1983 844 GS850GL STREET
                  GS850GLZ 1982 844 GS850GL STREET
                  GS850GZ 1982 844 GS850G STREET
                  1979 GS850G
                  2004 SV650N track bike
                  2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                  LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

Comment

Arent the 1100's in the same year compatable?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny K View Post
                      Arent the 1100's in the same year compatable?
                      Not sure, but doubt it. My 81 GS1000G wouldn't be because it has BS34 carbs and the intake port spacing is different. I think above the 850 it goes from the 32 carb to the 34. 850 is by far the most common model, so should be the easiest to find.

Comment

Okay. I just thought that their were more years and models that had the same type carbs as the 82' 850GS. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

i'm not sure myself but according to the cross reference those were the only four models. If i had part numbers i think i could do a better cross reference. I looked up on a couple micro fiche websites and they did not have a part number for the carb body, just the most of the parts that make up the carb.
                          1979 GS850G
                          2004 SV650N track bike
                          2005 TT-R125 pit bike

Comment

Ok thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                            X