Alright so I am new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright so I am new

So i am new here and to the gs motorcycles. I have built a few bikes but no 750s like I have now. I have a question concerning the starter and starter drive side. I started the bike and the starter went to hell. Its like something didnt disengage in the starter or a gear didnt disengage. Are these starters suppose to free spin after start with engine speed or is there a gear that is suppose to disengage? Oh its a 78-79 gs 750 any info would be great.
    Thanks.
    sean

Do a search for "starter clutch"
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      Do a search for "starter clutch"
      Adn don't run the bike until you fix it.

Comment

Yes it should free spin It could be the starter clutch or the starter soloniod. I would sugest a visit to Home depot & the lawn mower dept for a new soloniod & clean the start button switch. Depending on how long it was forced to run you may need a new starter. When the starter is out reach in thru the hole & feel the starter gear IT should only turn in one direction..

Comment

Working...
        X