GS450GA Handbrake Cable Info Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450GA Handbrake Cable Info Wanted

I am having no luck at all finding a handbrake cable for a 1982 GS450GA.
    Any one have any ideas of what might work ?

Any info such as length and routing path would be appreciated.

thanks

Don't know the length, but it travels from the master cylinder down behind the headlight shell and down the back of the L/H front fork staunchion. Should have a clip on the staunchion below the dust seal. Always use a length of string to get an idea of length.

Comment

well you could give these folks a try, odds are if they can make one it wont last long, but it is better than nothing.
      Motion Pro - High quality cables, tools and controls for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft.

Comment

The parts fisch show that a 82GS450a has a front disk brake It has a hose but no cable ???

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
          The parts fisch show that a 82GS450a has a front disk brake It has a hose but no cable ???
          I was assuming he was referring to the parking brake. some call the parking/ emergency brake as a hand brake, and the GA has a park brake.

Comment

Parking brake cable

Yes that is what it is called. I was looking for one also a month ago. Could not find one for my 83 450a. Suzuki made that model for 2 yrs. and that makes that part extinct............. almost, got lucky on ebay 2 weeks ago and bought it. $30.00 with lever parking brake cable and choke cable. Choke cable was seized and the lever assembly was for another model but....... the parking brake cable was the item I needed and that was used but not seized, so a cable for a dinosaur....... PRICELESS...... Good luck and happy bidding or check cycle salvage yards across the USA.

bmac

bmac

Comment

We learn something every day

Comment

yes .. parking brake is what i meant to say ..

thanks to all who responded ;
                motionpro will make one up as long as i provide an example

i'll keep looking

thanks

Comment

Working...
                X