Broken pilot fuel screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken pilot fuel screws

I have a 79 gs1000 with four broken pilot fuel screws. I was able to get the tips out but now i think the screws are too short to re-tip. Does anyone sell these or should i be looking for some used carbs? Is there another model bike i can salvage these from or buy new from the dealer. BTW my bike uses the vm26 slide carbs (stock). Thanks
    Paul

check with www.z1enterprises.com for new needles

Comment

If these are the very pointy pilot fuel screws the only place I found them was part of the Z1 rebuild kit. Did not find them separately.

Comment

the screws i'm looking for screw in from the bottom of the carb. They are very pointy-mine are not. I do not see these in the z1 kit picture, but i will give them a call tomorrow.
        thanks

Comment

found them

The interesting thing about the GS1000 is that the rebuild kits for these carbs do not include the screws i need because the part number was omitted by suzuki in their manuals. The only way to get the screw is to buy the GS 750 rebuild kit and not use the main or pilot jets. I did buy these kits and the screws fit nicley. The 78-79 GS1000 and the gs750 both use the vm26 carbs and therfore use the same kit sans jets.
          Thanks for you help
          After 26 years in a container she is a runner again.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood73 View Post
            The interesting thing about the GS1000 is that the rebuild kits for these carbs do not include the screws i need because the part number was omitted by suzuki in their manuals. The only way to get the screw is to buy the GS 750 rebuild kit and not use the main or pilot jets. I did buy these kits and the screws fit nicley. The 78-79 GS1000 and the gs750 both use the vm26 carbs and therfore use the same kit sans jets.
            Thanks for you help
            After 26 years in a container she is a runner again.

Paul
            I don't know why but for the 77 GS750 these screws are not listed on the carb parts list. As far as I can tell there is no part number for them. You can not order them from anyone including the dealer. I didn't know what I was going to do until someone pointed out that they are included in the Z1 rebuild kit.

Glad you have her running. We need some pics now please.

Comment

Working...
            X