Retro Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Decals

I'm going to repaint my tank and I want to replace these old decals. I looked around at the retro decal sites online and could only find the '77-'79 emblems for the tanks or a much simpler looking 'S'. Any ideas?

what year/model bike?

tried these guys?

Comment

Yeah I did try these guys and had no luck. It is for a '76 GS750.

Comment

1976 was the Bicentennial year. Did that badge have anything to do with that?

I'm sure a decal company could take your emblem and redraw the part. Have you considered that? If they can't or won't, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I should be able to recreate it. I'd just need some dimensions and a bit better pic (read: closer).

Comment

Bump

Nice link seuadr !!
          I por-15'd my tank about a week ago. Didn't notice that the Suzuki emblem has two screws holding it on. Do these screw holes go thru the tank? If so, what about my great por-15 job?
          '81 GS750L
          Larry D
          1980 GS450S
          1981 GS450S
          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by larry d View Post
            bump

nice link seuadr !!
            I por-15'd my tank about a week ago. Didn't notice that the suzuki emblem has two screws holding it on. do these screw holes go thru the tank? if so, what about my great por-15 job?
            '81 gs750l

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            1980 GS1100E, the latest of many.

Comment

Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Larry D
              1980 GS450S
              1981 GS450S
              2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Right!!

You're welcome. You're not going to spring a leak when you wax your bike! Also, I'll bet your Por-15 job will work our great; hope so!
                1980 GS1100E, the latest of many.

Comment

Anthony, the only place I ever recall seeing that style of Suzuki S was on the mid 80's Madura. Came in 700 and 1200 but I don't recall there being a blue one.

Comment

whats "madura"?
                    GS850GT

Comment

Try a local place that makes vinyl signs. They should be able to make duplicates for a reasonable price.

Thanks,
                      Joe
                      IBA# 24077
                      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Check your PMs, I sent you the contact info for the guy who made decals for my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                          whats "madura"?
                          You had to ask, didn't you. The Madura was Suzuki's answer to mid-80's cruisers like the Honda Magna. They were V-Four powered and available in 700cc and 1200cc versions. In many peoples' opinions, myself included, they were some of the ugliest bikes ever made. I can't even stand to post a pic..............

Thanks,
                          Joe
                          IBA# 24077
                          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
                            You had to ask, didn't you. The Madura was Suzuki's answer to mid-80's cruisers like the Honda Magna. They were V-Four powered and available in 700cc and 1200cc versions. In many peoples' opinions, myself included, they were some of the ugliest bikes ever made. I can't even stand to post a pic..............

Thanks,
                            Joe
                            the memory fails me were they available in europe at all if you know?
                            a pic would help if they marketed them under a different name in eu... "madura" certainly doesnt ring the bell
                            GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                              the memory fails me were they available in europe at all if you know?
                              a pic would help if they marketed them under a different name in eu... "madura" certainly doesnt ring the bell
                              I'd love to help but I can't bring myself to look at a pic! Do a Google image search for Suzuki Madura. I'm sure you'll get some hits. Actually the pics don't give a true representation of the hideousness of the bike................

Thanks,
                              Joe

P.S. I can't take any responsibility for the emotional scarring that may occur if you look at Madura Pics!
                              IBA# 24077
                              '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

Working...
                              X