What seats will fit an 82' GS750e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What seats will fit an 82' GS750e

My bike has a rusty seat pan and I'd like to get a replacement. I can't ever seem to find a seat for the exact model and year ('82 GS750e), so I was wondering if anyone knows what other years and models will fit. Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by marineman16 View Post
    My bike has a rusty seat pan and I'd like to get a replacement. I can't ever seem to find a seat for the exact model and year ('82 GS750e), so I was wondering if anyone knows what other years and models will fit. Thanks a lot!
    Ah my friend...the holy grail of seats. Hard to find and even harder to find in nice shape.

But, as to your question....80-82 GS750E and 80-81 GS1100E share the same seat.

Your best bet might be to repair your pan and refoam/recover it. I looked months for a seat for my '82 750E.
    I was happy to finally find a beat up seat with a rusty pan...

Good luck...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

And BTW....first post I see...so Welcome!! and please post pictures of your bike...

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Are their any good sites / posts / recommendations from you on repairing a seat pan?

Comment

Originally posted by marineman16 View Post
          Are their any good sites / posts / recommendations from you on repairing a seat pan?
          Give the search link a try and you should find something...I know people have done it.
          Is it surface rust of rusted through?

Comment

It is some of both. there are a couple spots with holes...

Comment

Working...
            X