Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo Calibration

Is there a way to calibrate and or check speedo accuracy

I have searched and searched around my area for years to find a magnedo shop or whatever, and there is no resources available.

I have done the ride beside someone in a car thing, comparing what there speedo says and etc.. That doesn't work too well either. (Hard to communicate while riding)

Any Ideas guys? :roll:
    Michael

Micheal you need to plan ahead just a little, ask the person in the car to increase there speed in 10mph increments and give you a thumbs up when they have levelled at the new speed , then when you have taken your reading you give them the thumbs up for the next increase.
    Of cause you need to do this exercise against two different cars and average the results because car speedos can be just as inaccurate as yours. Unless you can get a cop to co-operate with you.
    Dink

Comment

Dink wrote:
      Micheal you need to plan ahead just a little, ask the person in the car to increase there speed in 10mph increments and give you a thumbs up when they have levelled at the new speed , then when you have taken your reading you give them the thumbs up for the next increase.
      Of cause you need to do this exercise against two different cars and average the results because car speedos can be just as inaccurate as yours. Unless you can get a cop to co-operate with you.
      Dink
      Ok thanks again Dink
      I do have several friends that are in uniform here, Excellent Idea as usual Buddy

Comment

You can also go on the highway, and run a measured mile at 60. If you do it in 1 minute you right on, if you're off you can calculate the difference. Speedos will be off by a % so you can figure out how far off you are at different speeds.

Comment

You can also borrow someones' GPS, they usually tell speed

Comment

Working...
          X