What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

So, Ok I am admitting ignorance here but, If you are sitting on the bike with tank off.

Above the cams in the middle, on top of the engine, it is kinda square?
    Mine seems to be seeping a little oil down on everything, not much but enuf to keep me cleaning it off once a month or so. What is that called so I can get a new gasket. :roll:

Michael
    Thanks.

I think your talking about the breather cover (#8 on the fiche). [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwDeArAVsRpypsz5kqpzkDgJ1JdDQDxmsYpqkyCtk0PuYhE21 zoaPyxqqY!hF9lbZ4855ZLu021G*y8zbb!SiC5ZTXP!y*p!XGc M*M063hM/cover.jpg?dc=4675422123218403275[/img]

Comment

Dgeorge,
      The image did not show. :roll:

Thanks for the help though.

Comment

I think the image is showing now if not I've got it posted at the gsgarage at msn.

Comment

Yes Sir!!

Showed up that time, THANKS BUDDY!

That is it! Gotta get one of those Fische things!

Comment

you can get the parts fiche for your bike on CD-rom from several places, such as cdmoto.com
            Dink

Comment

Ok Dink, I will add that to my loooooong list

Comment

The square thing is probably the oil separator/breather. Originally the breather was connected to the airbox, part of burning the nasty oil vapurs as part of emissions control. Inside is mesh that supposedly traps the oil in the vapour and allows it to drip back down in the engine.

Comment

Working...
                X