Crud on carb bodies after dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crud on carb bodies after dip

For some reason after dipping each carb in berryman dip for 24 hours and then spraying them with carb spray, there seems to be a bunch of tiny white residue spots on each of the carb bodies like a day later. I noticed it the day after because I am still waiting on my pilot jets to come as I have everything in seperate saran bags and sandwich bags in big coffee tins for each carb. I have sprayed almost a can of spray per carb and then compressed air after. When inspecting the carbs after, it still smells like that berry man dip. There is also some residue inside the carbs here and there. I think leaving them in for 24hr wasn't good. When spraying the carb after the dip, the carb body feels sort of sticky and chalky and almost like the dip has really caked itself on the outside. I don't get it. I tried a toothbrush with simple green sprayed on the brush and rub the outside of the carb and then carb spray and then compressed air and it still feels very chalky and almost sticky. Any help would be great.

Did you rinse them in warm water after the dip?? If not, there WILL be dip/fuel/zinc residue left on them. Give that a shot, see what happens. Dont worry, it wont hurt them.

Comment

Just warm water with no soap? Or if soap what kind?

Comment

Just water. Soap leaves residue.

Comment

Aluminum does rust; sorta.

It oxidizes and will get spots on it. I agree with CafeKid though, if you don't rinse them uber well, you'll get a lot of that.

Comment

Carbs arent alu for the most part. Lots of pot metal. Mostly Zinc. Which oxidizes as well, but wash in warm water, blow with air till dry and clean.

Comment

Oh, well, corrected.

Comment

Cool. I will do that tomorrow and I will let you guys know how it turned out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X