Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK... My brain is dead, need wiring guru gs11

Here it is,

brand new gs1000s katana wiring harness. Everything seems to be working correctly except the left control.

When I turn on the low beams, the low beam light comes on but so does the hi beam blue indicator dash light along with the signal amber dash lights. when I hit the highs the indicator light goes out and so do the signal amber lights but the headlight is on hi beam.

I have tried three sets of clocks... all the same,
    I have switched three diff controlers left and right, two diff sig relays. Everything I have tried are 82 components. unplug the signals the indicator lights go out. plug one front in that light comes on, plug in paired rear and stays on still.

What am I missing here?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??
    What really has me thrown in the highbeam being reversed
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Does this model have the brain box for the idiot lights?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

no, hard wired into the clocks
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

The new harness has the plugs wired wrong. Time to troubleshoot with a test light!
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

My turnip is leakin weed gas man!

tomorrow is another day
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I put the same harness on my last kat build with no problems. Ordered three of them and this is number three. Can't be a plug wired wrong??

Has to be something simple...like...?? I'm a freakin idiot!
            Last edited by katman; 07-31-2008, 02:52 AM.
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

hopefully simple

Sounds to me like a bad earth somewhere, normally when idiot lights come on with others it is an earthing problem.

Comment

Well, after a thousand hrs of looking today I have found that the harness is th problem. I had another new harness that I bought with this problem one and hooked it up and it works correctly.

Looks like one of the new harnesses was defective. There's two days I will never get back.

On the positive side I have mapped out the katana clocks wiring and will be posting the schematics shortly. Should help anyone who is putting on aftermarket clocks or just needs to trouble shoot the stock ones.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

So the plug was wired wrong?

Comment

NOpe,

all the wires are correct but the wiring is wrong???

I layed out two harnesses(new) side by each on the shop floor. I hooked up the L/R controlers, headlight, ignition and fusebox. Hooked bat to neg and positive. ONe worked right the other didn't.

So now I have replaced the harness with the other new one I had and it works correctly. I fired the zxkat up tonight and I am sending the other harness back to the store.
                    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X