No go slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No go slow

My 83GS750ES stopped running at a traffic light. I pushed it to the side, and after about 10 minutes of fiddleing, it started. Next day it started right up, but I only got about 6 blocks. Ten minutes later,I got it started and went back home.

Now, I can start it as usual, warm it up and if I put the choke in,it quits. If I keep high revs with the choke in it runs, but as soon as I let the engine slow down, it quits. The troubleshoot guide in the manual suggested a petcock problem. I couldn't turn the petcock without a pair of pliers, so I broke down and replaced it. Didn't cure the problem.
    Now I have noticed that there is a leak that "seems" to be thinner than oil but thicker than gasoline seeping from somewhere near the top of the side stand!
    Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

First thing Comes to mind is coils.

Have you checked the coils. They get warm and the crack-gap in the wire grows. They cool down and the contact is made again alowing you to ride untill it gets warm again.

Comment

First thing Comes to mind is coils.

Have you checked the coils. They get warm and the crack-gap in the wire grows. They cool down and the contact is made again alowing you to ride untill it gets warm again.

Comment

I just had to say it twice.

Actually I was trying to repply again. The carbs could just be dirty and, or need adjusting.

Comment

The slime coming from your bike may just be gew coming off of your chain. If you aren't sure you can take off the sprocket cover and look to be sure. Good luck cleaning it all out of there though... :P

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X