No announcement yet.

started carb rebuild- question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a bunch of those copper main jet washers if you need one.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      I have a bunch of those copper main jet washers if you need one.
      thanks. if i can't find one local i'll hit you up.

Comment

carbs are done! put them back on the bike, got the fuel to flow,hit the magic button and BAM! fired right up. nice steady idle and revs cleanly. i'm happy in my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by emeraldcoupe View Post
          i'm happy in my pants!
          Too much info dude

Glad you got it sorted!
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            Too much info dude

Glad you got it sorted!

thanks

Comment

I have mine apart right now and am just hoping that the air and fuel mix screws are not as critical as the haynes manual has me believing. I marked mine so I should be able to get them set back pretty close to where they were. If these settings are as critical as haynes says, I think everyone would have nightmares about taking them apart for dipping.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                I have mine apart right now and am just hoping that the air and fuel mix screws are not as critical as the haynes manual has me believing. I marked mine so I should be able to get them set back pretty close to where they were. If these settings are as critical as haynes says, I think everyone would have nightmares about taking them apart for dipping.
                The mix screws are critical to tuning of the carbs. If moved from their original settings the carbs will generally be out of sync. Other factors can also cause carbs to go out of sync apart from cleaning. By 'sync' I mean the overall air/fuel tuning of each carb. Naturally all four carbs should have the same mix for proper running.

If you marked them and can get them back to their original positions you may be ok. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X