Won't start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't start?

My 82 GS 1100 E was running fine, I parked it overnight and now it wont start? Turns over but will not fire.....

Power? Starter turning? Lights on?
    Spark? Ground a sparkplug to the head with the lead connected
    Fuel? Was the spark plug wet with gas?
    Kill switch on run
    Clutch safety switch?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Maybe

Maybe some rotten bastard stole your petrol.
      1980 GS1100E, the latest of many.

Comment

Has Power, starter turns, Lights are on, got the bike for free, relatively new here, dont mean to sound stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
          Has Power, starter turns, Lights are on, got the bike for free, relatively new here, dont mean to sound stupid.
          I hope I didn't come accross as mean spirited.
          Can you pull the plugs?
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Start with the simple and work toward the complex. Gas in tank, fuel turned on, spark to plugs, is the engine flooding, check to see if the plugs are wet with gasoline. Is the battery up to charge? If it is weak, there may not be enough power left for a hot spark.

Greg

Comment

Doh! It's probably DOA. It'd be best to scrap it or just sell it for parts and buy new.

OR.....

You could check out this thread and post a tad bit more info:

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                I hope I didn't come accross as mean spirited.
                Can you pull the plugs?
                No not at all... I think its the battery, its fairly new but it doesn't hold a charge very well.....any suggestions on a new one?

Comment

Go to Wal-mart or wherever and get a cheap multimeter and do the stator papers.
                  Don't be intimidated. Read it over and fix that charging system.

Comment

Working...
                  X