ah the speedo cable..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah the speedo cable..

..so this morning, i roll out of work, the road is empty, the light is changing and i decide to go for it. I drop the clutch roll the throttle on, gears clack, the engine roars, the exhaust sounds supreme.. and.. the speedo stops working?

this is a brand spanking new ( little less than a month old ) cable from z1.. anyone ever have this happen? bad luck? is there a tech issue that could cause it?

This happened to me once after I had the front wheel off. Basically, I didn't have the wheel end of the cable tight enough when I put it back together. The cable had disengaged, though it had not yet come off the little gearbox. I hope it's that simple on yours.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

i wish it was, this one is snapped in half i guess i'll be calling z1 and seeing what they will do to make this right.. afterall, i've only had the cable a month.. it's got about 250 miles on it.

Comment

Use whats left of the cable to see if the speedo has seized. If the speedo is jammed a new cable will just break again.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

neither the speedo, nor the worm gear are jammed, but i did notice a small crimp in the housing of the cable. jeff at Z1 was more than willing to replace the cable, but i can't be sure it was not my installation that didn't cause the crimp, so i declined, and ordered another.

Comment

Working...
          X