GS1000 Coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 Coils

Hi, I have a motor out of a 79 GS 1000 ( i think thats the year? ) that i am building a sand rail with, its been in the weather for a while so the coils and the wires are all dry rotted. So my question is where is a good place to get new coils. Or is there an upgrade to do? Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Lockedup View Post
    Hi, I have a motor out of a 79 GS 1000 ( i think thats the year? ) that i am building a sand rail with, its been in the weather for a while so the coils and the wires are all dry rotted. So my question is where is a good place to get new coils. Or is there an upgrade to do? Thanks in advance
    Company called "Dyna". If it's a 1979 (meaning it has points) you'll want the 5 Ohm, if is it has an electronic ignition you'll want the 3 Ohm. Gonna cost about $120.00 for the pair, plus wires. If it is points, for another $130.00 you can use what's called a "Dyna S" to upgrade it to electronic ignition. for a total of aout $250.00.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockedup View Post

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

Ok, thanks so how do i tell what year it is, im pretty sure its a 79 but it wouldnt hurt to check it

Comment

Get the dyna 3 ohm coils if you want new. Other options Ebay ! coils from a RF900, Bandit, early GSXR bolts right in . You probably have points ? If so add a 2 ohm balast resistor to the 12 V supply for the coils ( 70's Mopar ign resistor). Then you can upgrade to a dyna ign at a later date without changing the coils.

Comment

Working...
          X