Is that what a flat spot feels like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark M View Post
    Yes, that will work. But it is easier to work from the bottom up.

You don't even need main jets in to ride around, the bike will run fine on the pilots and needles until you open the throttle enough to start transitioning onto the mains. It will bog bad at that point because the open jet hole just dumps fuel in. I will also ask - how do you sort the main first if the pilot and needle circuits are so screwed up that you can't get up onto the mains? In that case, you MUST start at the bottom and work up... So why do it any different any other time?

I will stand by my method, it is a long time standard from back when 2 strokes were the race bikes of choice. On those, you couldn't start on the main because if you went lean anywhere, you seized the thing solid. So those tuners would sort from the bottom up, with no main jet (or a huge main) in place to guarantee no lean seizures.

YMMV, of course.

To the TS, be careful and methodical, only make one change at a time and take lots of notes. If you chip away at it, you will get it sorted for sure.

Mark
    Well things change and our bikes aren't 2-strokes, The whole reason for doing mains, then needles, then pilot is fuel flows to the pilots after going through the mains. Sure if you take the mains out the pilot will get fuel but if you plug it up you can't tune anything.

Comment

My bike is a canadian version and when i pulled the carbs and looked at the needles, they looked like there was no taper at all at first, I havent seen needles with so little taper. Is there an online resource or something where you can compare different needles and maybe order some with more taper?

Comment

Working...
      X