question bout main jets for my gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question bout main jets for my gs

i am replacing my main jets and i need to know if mine is a cv or hs or rs carbs i have an 82 gs850L any help would be apreciated

Mains

You have CV carbs and your mains are 115. The OEM order number is 09491-23001 and you can order them from your dealer although you can find them cheaper elsewhere. You'll likely get a lot more advice and recommendations...but that's still gonna be the end deal after all is said and done.
    Last edited by rockford; 08-01-2008, 09:55 PM.
    1980 GS1100E, the latest of many.

Comment

Do you have any mods, like exhaust or filter, that need to be included? You've pulled the jets for a reason I assume...

Comment

yea i rebuilt my carbs and i have drag pipes with stock air box

Comment

You need to do a jet kit, including main and pilot jets. The factory jets are inherently lean so with a drag pipe it makes things worse.

Comment

For just a pipe you don't necessarily need a jet kit (you can but the jets will probably be the wrong sizes) but you will probably have to go up on the mains a bit & perhaps shim the needles with washers a little to get it running perfect.

Dan
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

yea i ordered 120's and 125's main jets yesterday hope they work

Comment

Working...
              X