fuel tank sending unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel tank sending unit?

I have been looking for a replacement Fuel sending unit for a GS 750 E---Cant seem to find one anywhere. Anyone know of a source?

Thanks

Terry--new owner of a 79 project bike with no title--I love a challenge!!

Originally posted by tlepac View Post
    I have been looking for a replacement Fuel sending unit for a GS 750 E---Cant seem to find one anywhere. Anyone know of a source?

Thanks

Terry--new owner of a 79 project bike with no title--I love a challenge!!
    Is yours broken, or just inaccurate? If the latter, there is a fix for it. Do a search. I think Jethro was the original author. I might have a spare one from a '78 GS1000 if it will work.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

GS 750 sending unit

The tank was full of rust and when I got the sending unit out the wire on the outside of it just crumbled in my hand. The bike was sitting for several years I think. But I have looked at the article you referenced and I am going to try to repair as I haven't found any on the net--thanks for the reply!

Comment

Well so much for the repair---the insides were totally junked out---looking for a new unit if anyone has---otherwise it is a stick with marks!!

Comment

Check your local junk yards/ junk shops. When I went to mine they had a huge box of nothing but sending units. I got to pick the best of 4 or 5 that had the right bolt pattern for my bike. Then I just swapped the wand from my old sending unit

Comment

Ebay

Those come up quite often on Ebay (I know there are a few there now). I'd suggest you do some cross referencing and figure out which ones will work and start looking there. I don't think it will take long, at all, to find a good one.
            1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
            X