GN400 Wheels on a GS400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GN400 Wheels on a GS400?

i have a chance to pick up a set of '82 GN400 mag wheels for $40. the spoke wheels on my bike are worn out and out of true. not to mention the drum brakes ($70 for a set of front shoes?!?!)... i was just curious as to whether or not these will fit my 77 GS400. i am aware that i will need to convert the front end to disc, and i have parts to do so. also, the gn wheels are different sizes, as seen here:

as where the GS wheels are both 18"

Might take a bit of mucking around to sort out. The different wheel sizes would alter the bikes handling for one, with the rear being a 17"?? It's not a hard job to true up spoke rims, probally less time consuming than swapping the wheels.

Comment

i can true up spoke wheels myself, but the rear is missing a spoke and is kind of bent, and the front drums are too expensive to maintain. (upwards of $70 for a set of shoes).

i already have the fork mounts for a caliper, i have a kawasaki twin piston caliper i can adapt to fit. and i have the brake lines necessary. all i need is the master cylinder and ill be set.

Comment

I've got mag wheels on my GS425 with a front disc, and probally agree with you on ease of maintenance. Mine has 18" front and back. It sounds like you've got all the bits apart from the M/C so go for it then. They do look in good nick by the photo.

Comment

Working...
        X