Where to buy Mikuni jets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy Mikuni jets?

Does anyone know a good place to buy Mikuni jets online?

I'm running a 4-2-1 header, stage 3 Dynojet kit with 170 DJ mains, and K&N pod filters at about 4500' elevation. The jetting feels a bit "fat" on top.

From looking at the DJ/Mikuni cross reference, I'd like to take it down a notch by going with the Mikuni 157.5 or Mikuni 155 mains. I tried using the DJ 165 mains included in the DJ kit but then it was too lean and the bike wouldn't rev past 6K RPM.

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
    Does anyone know a good place to buy Mikuni jets online?

I'm running a 4-2-1 header, stage 3 Dynojet kit with 170 DJ mains, and K&N pod filters at about 4500' elevation. The jetting feels a bit "fat" on top.

From looking at the DJ/Mikuni cross reference, I'd like to take it down a notch by going with the Mikuni 157.5 or Mikuni 155 mains. I tried using the DJ 165 mains included in the DJ kit but then it was too lean and the bike wouldn't rev past 6K RPM.

Thanks for any help.
    Z1 sells legit Mikuni jets, as does Reproductiondecals.com

Comment

I get all mine from z1enterprises, very fair prices.

Comment

and of course Z1.

Comment

Jetsrus.com is much cheaper

Fast delivery, good service.

I just ordered mains and pilots from him
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

DO NOT BUY FROM MOTORCYCLECARBS.COM, their jets do not appear legit and they never have anything in stock, special order takes more than two weeks, they do not communicate these issues and they mail you the wrong size jets only to charge a high restocking fee of 40%.
            Their customer service sucks, and they never get you tracking numbers for items ordered.
            Their express mail option on their site does not work and keeps throwing you back to the ordering page, all in all very frustrating.

Motorcycle accessory warehouse has legit mikuni jets and their service is great.

Comment

Mikesxs.com sells what appears to be a broad range of jets for the Mikuni CV carbs. Mike specializes in Yam 650s, but I've ordered carb parts (viton needles and air jets) from him for my GS850GL.

Comment

PJ,

Think I may have some that size... used for all of about half a mile! Long story, suffice to say they proved a point & helped with diagnosis.

Will check later today if I get chance.

Dan
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Wait a minute...correct me if I'm wrong here...you have 170s now and you think it's too rich, you tried 165s and it was too lean, so now you want to try
                  155s?

Am I missing something here?

Comment

DynoJet Jets & Mikuni jets are different.

You need to multiply a Dynojet size by 0.9xxx (can't remember but Chef knows it wrote) to get the equivalent Mikuni size.

Dan
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Zook View Post
                      Wait a minute...correct me if I'm wrong here...you have 170s now and you think it's too rich, you tried 165s and it was too lean, so now you want to try
                      155s?

Am I missing something here?
                      Here's a conversion chart for Mikuni/Dynojet/Keihin jets.

Thanks for the offer Dan, but I just bought a set of 158 Mikuni mains from jetsrus.com, thanks to Big T for the reference. Also bought a set of 155s from Chef. Once the correct mains are found, the needles need to be adjusted, they're way too rich right now. According to people riding behind me, there's an occasional puff of black, fuel stinking smoke coming from the tailpipe when I get on the throttle hard in the midrange.
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2008, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                        Jetsrus.com is much cheaper

Fast delivery, good service.

I just ordered mains and pilots from him
                        Cheaper than Sudco & carbparts but not Z-1. Although this might not be a fair comparison since I am not sure if the Z-1 jets are made by Mikuni. For comparison:

Z-1 VM Mains: $ 1.20 - $2.00
                        Jetsrus VM Mains; $ 3.09
                        Steve

1979 GS1000E (45 Yrs), 1981 GPz550 (11 Yrs)

Comment

Working...
                        X