Petcock bolt spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petcock bolt spacing

can anyone tell me what bolt spacing is on 1980 550 L I need a new one It has a vac. one on it now should I go with a manual or a vac. It runs fuel all the time just want to know which is better Thanks

The bolt spacing is 50 mm for 1980 model 550/750/850/1000/1100. If you haven't had any problems with your existing vacuum petcock and it flows enough fuel for your needs you may want to leave it alone. If you're getting symptoms of wide open throttle fuel starvation like stumbling, you may want to look into getting a manual Pingel petcock. Make sure you get the 50 mm adapter plate so it'll bolt up to your tank. I have one and it's great.

Comment

I am pretty sure it is bad because it flows fuel even when the bike is not running that is why I was asking what is best? I didn't think it was suppose to flow fuel unless the motor was running creating vac. Is this correct?

Comment

I have the Petcock you need for sale. Almost new!
        I took it off for a Pingel pet rock.
        Works great
        Going fast!
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X