Help with air box removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with air box removal

Can the air box be taken out with out removing the carbs everything is loose on the air box and don't want to remove any more than I have to I just want to replace the fuel line

If your bike is anything like mine (750) then no, you have to take the carbs out to get the airbox out. It's a bit tricky to get it back together too so make sure it's something that you have a little time to accomplish.

Comment

Me too !!

This is quite a coincidence. Tonight, I was standing in the garage wondering how to get my recently purchased rear filter box INTO my '81GS750L.

I tried for 10 minutes or so, and wondered....is there a magic trick?
      Somebody's gotta know.
      Edit: I should also say that the front air box and carbs are off the bike.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Not sure how different the 81 and 82 are but with mine there is no trick really, the rear airbox usually just needs to be put in with the intake side first and slide it down and over the battery and it pops right in.

Comment

Wow!!

Don't know why that was so difficult for me to see.
          Just did it!!
          Thanks
          Larry D
          1980 GS450S
          1981 GS450S
          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

No problem, I was just reading your other thread, I hope that you are able to get the 750 running soon, they are pretty solid bikes.

Comment

OK thanks for the help I've got new fuel line and everything back together but the top 2 screws too dark to see will finish tomorrow this site is great don't know what i would do without it

Comment

Working...
              X