Hey all you clutch experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
    Does the cover go on? Looks like it won't. The clutch rack release looks like it's sticking out too much.
    With the heli-coil design I bet you bite the crankcase a little bit. I know mine did at one time.
    Give it a whirl!
    What's the heli-coil design?

I can trim a bit off the inside of the case if you think I need to.

Me and Steve played around a bit, and realizied this clutch has an extra plate and fiber. With them installed, it wouldn't fit...it left no room for the clutch to release. With the extra plate/fiber out, it fits perfect with the same distance from the face of the clutch to the inside of the clutch cover as stock.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Sorry Bruce. I shouldn't post at work. I meant to say helical gear. They spread out under stress.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
        Sorry Bruce. I shouldn't post at work. I meant to say helical gear. They spread out under stress.
        So you think the clutch will move outward? How much do you think? Do you think shaving a bit off the inside of the case (a few mm) would fix it?
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

I'm not sure.
          I bought a HD clutch hub and installed an APE clutch hub nut.

It might not hurt though. Maybe someone else can chime in.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I shaved a bit off the inside of the case and put a shorter bolt in that spot. I now have about 5mm of room in there. Hopefully that is enough. I think it will work fine.

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Working...
            X