Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What carbs are compatible? Where can I buy a new set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What carbs are compatible? Where can I buy a new set?

I'm new to this and I did use the search option to no avail.

What carbs are compatible with the 81' Suzuki GS550T? I assume many are, I just want to know that range I should be looking at.

Mukuni makes them, right? So wouldn't I be able to find someone, somewhere who sells a brand new set that just bolt right up? If not bolt-on, can an off-the-shelf set of carbs be adapted with a delrin plate or something along those lines? Thanks.

Do you have any carbs now? It is really, really easy and cheap to clean them up and have them work like new...

Comment

Originally posted by Steel_Horse View Post

What carbs are compatible with the 81' Suzuki GS550T? I assume many are, I just want to know that range I should be looking at.

Mukuni makes them, right? So wouldn't I be able to find someone, somewhere who sells a brand new set that just bolt right up? If not bolt-on, can an off-the-shelf set of carbs be adapted with a delrin plate or something along those lines? Thanks.
      You probably can find a new set, is that a 2 carb bike? If so, you might get off for $400.00 or so. If it's 4 carbs you looking at around $800.00, in other words, almost the value of the whole bike. Much better off rebuilding the set you have or finding a used set on ebay and rebuilding them.

Comment

Carbs from 550, 650, 750 & 850 all are 32mm and will physically bolt up. But you will need to get the jetting correct by using the appropriate jets, emulsion tubes, needles, etc. for the 550.

Comment

i have an old set of carbs from a 79 gs850g if you want em

Comment

Originally posted by Steel_Horse View Post

do you have a set now? just rebuild them, it's easy. i'm doing mine now. you can rebuild these carbs with your eyes closed.

Comment

Working...
            X