where can I find those tiny washers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can I find those tiny washers?

I read about the carb mod trick where you raise the needles by using 2 tiny washers (.30) that used to be at radio shack. but they don't carry it anymore. does anybody know if the washers that are sold at cycle o rings
    are the same size?I've never done this so I have no idea of what size to look for.

Pick up an old radio from a junk pile and pull it apart.

Comment

I don't know about this mod, but I have just recently created a pile of junk radios (trying to put one in my fairing on the GS). If I knew what you were looking for, I'd see if I could send you a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        I'd see if I could send you a few.
        A few washers, not a few radios. Probably not worth the postage that way!

Comment

u sure radioshack doesnt carry them? they come in a pack of like 100 assorted washers, lots of different sizes

Comment

Originally posted by roscoe G coltrane View Post
            I read about the carb mod trick where you raise the needles by using 2 tiny washers (.30) that used to be at radio shack. but they don't carry it anymore. does anybody know if the washers that are sold at cycle o rings
            are the same size?I've never done this so I have no idea of what size to look for.
            Raido Shack has an area that has all the small electrical ( ie: diodes, switches etc ) stuff in bins that look like mechanics tool box drawers, they may be sold out but i believe they still carry it at least they did when i bought them.

HOWEVER-even the smallest washers may not work for mixture screws, on my BSW30SS twin carbs the smallest washer would not fit it was too big.

Try also their online site it may still be available there.

Try Hobby shops through the phone book locally that sell radio control cars the have tons of metric washers thats where i got mine.

hope this helps.

Comment

Take a washer off the jet needle and match it up.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The radio shack where I live doesn't carry any kind of hardware. or at least thats what I was told. I'll check online and see. Karl I appreciate the offer, but like I said, I don't know what size would work either. when I get the top off of one I'll try and get a pic.

Comment

Not sure but 3 mm comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
                    Not sure but 3 mm comes to mind
                    I think it was M3 (NOT 100% sure....best bet would be to do as Chef suggested). I was told Radio Shack up here does not carry the assorted bag of washers anymore....anyway, I no longer need them.

Tony.
                    '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by roscoe G coltrane View Post
                      The radio shack where I live doesn't carry any kind of hardware. or at least thats what I was told. I'll check online and see. Karl I appreciate the offer, but like I said, I don't know what size would work either. when I get the top off of one I'll try and get a pic.
                      Roscoe if you want pm me your address i can send you a few of each size, i still have tons of them.

Comment

I believe you can get them at about any hardware store if I remember correctly you are looking for size #2 washers. they are SAE size #2 not metric.

Comment

Try Sudco
                          The Three Horsemen
                          '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
                          '83 GS1100ES
                          ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
                          Porkchop Express

Comment

Working...
                          X