Starts perfect when cold but not warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starts perfect when cold but not warm

Bike starts right up in the morning shut it off starts again ride for 5 mins. won't start push it in 2nd gear fires right up sometimes blip the throttle and it fires up when throttle is all the way off. ran fine until I did valve check and put on a new fuel line any ideas? Thanks for your help

check your plugs. check that each plug is properly gapped and that each cylinder is properly tuned and not running too rich or too lean at idle. same thing happened to my bike and it was those issues. one cylinder was wayyyy rich and the other was way lean. the plugs were WAY out of spec too. so i regapped those and tuned the carbs, and it starts 1st or 2nd kick every time now.

Comment

This is what my spark plugs look like is this how they should look? The gap is correct I just put new plugs on
      Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2008, 09:20 PM.

Comment

That plug looks like it has a little burned oil on the body, but the electode looks like it is lean, it is really clean considering how dirty the body is. check that the new fuel line isn't kinking when the engine warms it up and it gets more flexible. Did you put the spring back on the fuel line when you put it back on? If it ran before and won't run now, something has changed, go over what you did and think of how it will affect the way it runs.

Comment

Working...
        X