Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire pressure

How much tire pressure for a gs 1000?

Depends on the tyres, but 36psi front and back is a good starting point for normal road use. Two up or load, increase back pressure to 40psi cold.

Comment

Best bet, ask the tire dealer and/or manufacturer.

The original recommendations, as per the manual, were limited to the tires available at that time. They ain't the same, no more.

Today, you tell the tire manufacturer what bike and tires you have, and ask for advice.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I just put on a set of bridgestone spitfires, stock size for a 78 gs 1000. I have been running 30 in the front and 32 in the back tire.

Comment

i just installed spitfires. i was advised 35 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by chockypudding
            Thanks for the advice, I just put on a set of bridgestone spitfires, stock size for a 78 gs 1000. I have been running 30 in the front and 32 in the back tire.
            I also run Spitfires and have had good wear and mileage with 36 front/38 back. In the past I had them at about 27/30 and the tread wore out unevenly. I was still going by the old inflation recommendation in the factory manual,but that was only good for the original 'IRC' tires.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I'll try them with a little higher pressure in them and see how it goes,thanks, Ric.

Comment

Working...
              X