Carb model question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb model question

I am about to rebuild the carbs on my 82 GS1100EZ and am wondering which carbs I have. I've looked it up in the Haynes manual and it says they're BS34SS. Are they the same as the VM series? I've had them apart following the haynes manual but see some parts not described in the kit. Is there a PDF someone has hanging around and would like to share? Any help would be great.

http://thegsresources.com/files/GS%2...g%20Series.pdf

Comment

Have you had your mega welcome from BassCliff yet? If not go to his website and you will find articles on both the VM (not yours) and the CV (yours) which will tell you all you want to know and also where to get the o-rings which you need to replace

Comment

Hee Haw Howdy!

Hi Mr. thezmann76,

It seems you've been posting in other people's threads and haven't had a chance to post an introduction for yourself in the GS Owners section. I apologize for not saying "Hi" sooner.

Please click here for your mega-welcome. It's full of information I've been collecting and should help you in becoming very intimate with your motorcycle. Thanks for joining us.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Wow, thanks very much, thats a very complete file and should help me completely rebuild the carbs without fail!!! Thanks again.

Comment

Don't forget to go to cycleorings.com to get your o-rings. You do not necessarily need to buy rebuild kits. Also, change the o-rings on your intake boots while you are in there!

Comment

I already bought the kits because I needed the needlevalves. The needle valves were $40 each by themselves but the whole kits were $28 each and included the needle valves. I am all set for the "o"rings too, but I will replace the intake o rings. Thanks for the tip!! Matt
              Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2008, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X