Valve check help ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve check help ASAP!

Chalk it up to Murphy's Law........while check the shims using the zip tie method, i may have put the piece of tape on the zip tie toooo close to the bend and guess what???? the piece of tape is somewhere in the cylinder! WHAT NOW????
    1979 GS850G
    2004 SV650N track bike
    2005 TT-R125 pit bike
    LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Had a small screw fall into the cylinder of a car I was working on once, this worked a charm:

Try a shop-vac and stick the hose over the spark-plug hole to see if you can vacuum it out. If the diameter of the hose is too big to get close to the spark plug hole, try duct-taping another piece of hose or tube that is the right diameter and give it another whirl. If you can find a flexible tube (soft plastic) that will fit into the spark plug hole, tape that to the shop-vac hose so you can get right into the cylinder and jiggle it around to catch the piece of tape more directly. Just make sure this "extension" tube is long enough that you can pull it out if it should become detached from the shop-vac hose, just in case.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I'll try it. I only have a 2.5hp shop vac. but will try anyway. Thanks! I'm just thinking what i may have to do but don't want to do it.
      1979 GS850G
      2004 SV650N track bike
      2005 TT-R125 pit bike
      LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

Comment

MAK68....your the best!!!! It worked. I rotated the ignition bolt with the 19mm and i heard/felt something get sucked up into the tube. Thank God! Again, i was thinking lets tear this engine apart. I owe you.
        1979 GS850G
        2004 SV650N track bike
        2005 TT-R125 pit bike

Comment

Kudos. Nah, you don't owe me, glad to help out.

Comment

I'm going to sound like my old man but FFS. Stop using kooky methods as a 'I always do it that way' and buy the right tools and save all this worry and painic.

Shim depressing tool is on $15 from z1 so i've been told.

Suzuki mad

Comment

Hi,

Perhaps I should put a disclaimer on my website, "I do not use or recommend the zip tie method. Proceed at your own risk."

The tool is cheap, and with a little practice, the procedure is quick and easy. It works for me.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
              X