Big problems, and I don't know where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONGRATULATIONS! Jethro.

After reading your exploits I laughed until tears flowed. Backyard mechanics at work!

Some may think your actions insane, or inane, but when you don't have the very latest technological devices ready at hand, (or the cash to have some else use theirs) you do what you must.

Been there. Done that. I've set up race engines that way!

Very glad you succeeded. Enjoy the ride!
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Thanks. If anyone needs new camshafts, I can take care of you with a broomstick, some pepsi cans and some chewing gum.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Update: My homemade advancer springs did not stand the test of time. Very slowly the bike started running poorly at the mid RPM's. I assume the springs are gradually getting stretched and affecting the timing. Looks like I will be calling Ron Ayers today after all!!!
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
          Update: My homemade advancer springs did not stand the test of time. Very slowly the bike started running poorly at the mid RPM's. I assume the springs are gradually getting stretched and affecting the timing. Looks like I will be calling Ron Ayers today after all!!!
          I am impressed at what you did any way...if I ever have a problem on the road I can at least fix it enough to get me home using your technique!

Hap

Comment

Working...
          X