Fabricating a custom fuse panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabricating a custom fuse panel?

For my winter project I am contemplating fabricating from scratch a modern blade type fuse panel for my 82 GS750E. Has anyone done something like this? What I'm planning would be a perfectly matched bolt into place panel that is labelled, easy to use, durable, and elegant, if I may use such a word.

I've got a couple friends who are EE's at major electrical companies who I am planning on mining for design info but to start I am looking for component parts. Are there sources for individual fuse holders, connectors, etc.?

Not to discourage, but you know that you can buy a 6 fuse ATC panel that will bolt right in for like $7.00 right?

Comment

I know about the atc panels and will use one of them, I'm envisioning the whole assembly being made better so to speak. I have read that the stock panels don't have the exact same switching as the GS ones, e.g. for the stator/other circuits that need to be on all the time.

Comment

Mike, if you search the threads you'll find a couple of fairly detailed how to's on this subject. If I remember right, someone posted a good one about 6 weeks ago with 5 or 6 pix for reference. It was a great looking job too, if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
          I know about the atc panels and will use one of them, I'm envisioning the whole assembly being made better so to speak. I have read that the stock panels don't have the exact same switching as the GS ones, e.g. for the stator/other circuits that need to be on all the time.
          Correct, you have to run a single separate line for the always on power with an inline fuse. Though you can find that kind of fuse block as well (where the power isn't ganged together) and gang together the ones you need and leave the one for the main not ganged in with the rest. That is probably the route to go.

Comment

Working...
          X