No announcement yet.

Which head gasket to use...the continuing controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By George, he actually was referring to that flimsy rubbish gasket, old boy!

Don,
    I am still hoping that someone will pop up on my gasket and confirm that he has used it etc. I hope I am not the first one to use that type!
    Keep well.

Comment

I used the one that came with my 1085 Kit last winter. Looked just like the upper gasket in the picture. I was hesitant since it did not have copper or o-rings around the oil ports. I didn't really have much choice since the original style gasket I had on hand was for a stock bore and I did not want the gasket protruding into the combustion chamber.

So far- so good.

Comment

i used a Suzuki OEM and i was surprised to see it did not hug the actual bore of the cylinder. it left the tops of the sleeves exposed.

Comment

catbed,
          Thats quite interesting, I was wondering if the bore diameter of the gasket then makes it compatible with different size motors?
          According to Athena my head gasket is a 2006 model as per latest OEM specifications from Suzuki, but the GS1000 bore and hole in the gasket is the same.
          The head gasket issue can become just as debatable as the the on on which oil to use!

Comment

Working...
          X