No announcement yet.

1100 rotor sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a caliper mounting problem myself. When I pulled my tire to replace it 1 of my calipers was hanging up turned out the dust boot was not ment for the caliper it was 2 big and it filled up with junk. So I went to the bike salvage yard the next town over and asked for a caliper for a 1100gk, well when I went to put it on today it was to small ,with 1 bolt in it would just sit on the rotor. I brought it back and they told me the caliper I needed was for a 1000 not an 1100. Yet when I ordered the new springs the first set was for a 1000 yet they were to small in diameter so I got springs for an 1100 and they were the right size. So I'm not sure what went on, unless the PO changed the front forks which would explain why the fender only fit on 2 of the mounting bolts but the tube size was for an 1100. The bolt spacing is the same about 2 7/8" on center but the calipers were different with mine having a larger arc to them so were the rotors changed with the calipers ? The moral of the story is not being the original owners of most of these fine bikes of ours who knows what changes were made before we got them so assuming in my case everything is original turned out not to be the case. Not sure if this helps but it something to consider.

Comment

The two slotted disc sizes I have are 260mm and 275mm. I thought I had three different sizes, but could only find these two. Let us know what size you have on your front wheel.
      Cheers.

Comment

Ok, all the latest reply's have really helped I think. I havent been using the rotor from the single disk 750t. Instead I have been using the rotors from a dual disk 1980 GS750. I am not sure their exact size, I will measure them this weekend. I was unaware that there were two different rotor sizes as I thought the 750's and the 1100's all used the same rotor size from 1980 through 1984.

Does anyone know the rotor size for a dual disk 1980 750? Because I think that if they are indeed 275mm's, then the 260mm rotors that were mentioned would be the ticket. Thanks for the help guys!!

Comment

Working...
        X