Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 TL 1000R Front end?

What's up Gang?

I have a 83 gs1100e. I wanted to know if the front forks on a 98 TL 1000R be the same as front forks on a 98 gsxr? I found a complete front end for a good price. By the way is there anyone using a TL 1000R set-up or should not go with it?

Thanks, Supavert

I dont think the TL1000R is sprung heavy enough to hold up that 1100E. I could be wrong tho. I think you want to look for EARLY 90s GSXR stuff.

Comment

The spring rates on the GSXR stuff is pretty light too but that can be easily changed. What's more important is the length of the forks and the steering stem bearings. If the forks are too short you will bottom out your exhaust. If the steering stem bearings are the double row balls vs the tapered roller bearings on GS's you will most likely have to swap out the stem or some other extra step to make it all fit. You may also want to consider what kind of speedo setup you want. If you're trying for traditional gauges the TL front wheel may not accomodate a cable drive.

Comment

tl stem will take taper roller bearings but it is the wrong size for a gs frame you will have to change the stem to get it fitted but as the tl one is bigger through the yoke it really means having a new stem made up

TL1000r dont run a speedo drive in the front wheel & earlier wheels need a fair bit of work to get fitted, the forks themselves are very similar to gsxr ones of the same year but need a little work to cope with the weight of a gs

hope that helps

Comment

Working...
        X