gas tank bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas tank bolts

any body know what size bolts hold the gas tank down on an 83 850? mine doesnt have any there right now and i figured i better put them on.

I don't know, but make sure you get the rubber cushions and washers that go with them.

Comment

Looks like the same hardware that holds mine on. Dealer, BikeBandit, Alpha...

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

i was going to make some rubber cushions. i was also going to go to the hardware store.

Comment

Most of the time, the size of the bolt is imbedded in the stock number of the bolt. Just use the prefix of the stock number. For example: 0820-00749 is an 8mm bolt that's 20mm long.

Search bolt sizes in the forums and you'll find a better explanation.
          Larry D
          1980 GS450S
          1981 GS450S
          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

M6 x 30 1.00 pitch

Comment

My tank was rattling pretty bad - no rubber washers. I got some hose washers and large metal washers and it works pretty well. But I do everything on the cheap.

Comment

LOL - I've had a few bikes where the tank bounces as you go over a carpark 'speed bump'. It's usually because the rubbers are perished around the tank bolts.

I always use car shock absorber rubbers, they are almost the same size (from a small car).

Comment

Working...
                X