Flywheel puller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flywheel puller question

Why is it that everywhere I look the flywheel puller for a 1982 gs1100e is described as a 30mmx1.5mm 2 inch depth when in actuality it is a 35mmx1.5x3-4"? I ordered the one I was not supposed to, because I foolishly went by the description rather than measuring. Are other bikes besides mine equipped with 30mm threads?

I hate my life haha I found another manufacturer that actually said that they changed mid run. Good by $50, hello needing to spend $50.

Comment

And another thing!! Does anyone have one of these I can use for like 2 minutes? I am in Rhode Island, anyone nearby?

Comment

Originally posted by MunkyMastr View Post
        And another thing!! Does anyone have one of these I can use for like 2 minutes? I am in Rhode Island, anyone nearby?
        Just buy a bolt with the right thread and make up a puller yourself. Just weld a long (18" to 24") bolt with slide hammer on it to the metric bolt that you have purchased. Screw it into the rotor and slide away. About 10 minutes work. If you can't visualise what I'm talking about I can send you a pic if you send me your email address on a PM.

Cheers

Comment

I had already thought of this route, and abandoned it for the puller I ordered. But i was not able to find a 35mm nut locally, anyplace in particular you think might have one?

Comment

Does the rotor have an internal thread tapped into it. Only visible after the bolt holding it in place has been removed.

Comment

Yes sir it does.

Comment

Originally posted by MunkyMastr View Post
                Yes sir it does.
                You then need to buy a bolt that will thread into that internal thread to make up a puller.

Have a look at this LINK

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

Urg, I was tired. My rotor is externally threaded. I would need to buy a 35mm nut, thread it on and weld some arms to the side and use a slide hammer on that. I am not against it, but where the crap am I going to get a 35mmx1.5mm nut.

Comment

I am from OZ so I can't help you with that. Maybe some locals can chime in and let you know. There must be some big machinery around that uses metric nuts that big. lathes, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X