Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh?

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    Hey chucky, took the liberty of fixing your post. What do you think?
    I don't get it..... But it seems like a weird thing to do, considering none of that is true and none of that is what I wrote...but, hey, if that's what you want to do, that's cool, I guess.
    Last edited by chuckycheese; 08-18-2008, 11:52 PM.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
      I made the mistake of buying some latex tubes for my bicycle one time; they were three times more expensive than butyl tubes and the valve stem tore out in a fairly short period of time. Never again.
      I tried urethane tubes once, with similar results.
      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Went with IRC Heavy Duty tubes as recommended by AMT this time. About $20 for a set.

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Do you need tubes? On my GS 550 with cast wheels I mounted the tires without tubes and they have held air for 5 months no problems. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by tcraft128 View Post
            Do you need tubes? On my GS 550 with cast wheels I mounted the tires without tubes and they have held air for 5 months no problems. Am I missing something?
            I guess you're good. My rims aren't stamped "tubeless" so I run with them.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
            X