buying parts bikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying parts bikes?

As most of your know who will read this I am trying to start fixing up my '83 GS750ESD. Now I have a multitude of things which are requiring to be fixed so naturally I thought well I'll just get the individual parts and ship them to me. While browsing e-bay just now I found this:

It is in Texas and I would think shipping to BC, Canada would be expensive, I have never shipped a bike tho so I don't know. Can I get some feedback on this? The bike has basically everything I need, exhaust, swingarm, dash, levers, pegs...lemme know what you all think.
    Cheers,
    Shaun

I didn't look at the bike but you could email the guy offering to pay full price and then have him remove the parts you want. In return he gets to keep what's left over and sell it again.

Good luck, Steve

Comment

Re: buying parts bikes?

Originally posted by Klack
      As most of your know who will read this I am trying to start fixing up my '83 GS750ESD. Now I have a multitude of things which are requiring to be fixed so naturally I thought well I'll just get the individual parts and ship them to me. While browsing e-bay just now I found this:

It is in Texas and I would think shipping to BC, Canada would be expensive, I have never shipped a bike tho so I don't know. Can I get some feedback on this? The bike has basically everything I need, exhaust, swingarm, dash, levers, pegs...lemme know what you all think.
      Cheers,
      Shaun
      You may want to email the seller. I talked to to him last weekend on the phone(I live in a suburb of Ft. Worth, TX) and he is actively parting the bike as you read this so you may be able to purchase the parts you need reasonably without bidding on the complete bike.

Comment

you are looking at $500?????? for shipping plus the import hassels.
        Shipping smaller parts is the way to do it. have the person who is shipping the parts to mark the box as a gift. I have a 82 750 swing arm and foot pegs if they will work for you

Comment

parts

yah I am not buying the bike, the guy is parting it out to quickly and really it would prob not be worth it in the end except that I'd prob end up parting it out when I was done with it. I did get a couple parts from him tho. Thanks for your offer SqDancerLynn1 but I am pretty sure an '82 swingarm won't fit because the 750 got revamped for the '83 lineup and I have one on the way too but I appreciate the offer. with any luck my swingarm willl be here next week and I can get to work on slowly fixing her up.
          Cheers,
          Shaun

Comment

Working...
          X