No announcement yet.

oil not showing in window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For You Being in OK, 20w-50 should be just fine, The weather there is simular to Arkansas, and wont get that cold before you can switch back to a 10w-40 (if your an all year rider). It does, however get more than hot enough there for 20w-50. :twisted:

Comment

My engine is modified, so it generates more heat than usual. When it gets colder I will cover up the oil cooler.

Comment

It seems that my problem in not seeing the oil in the window was putting the oil cap back on while letting the oil drain after filling. With the oil cap in place I waited over half an hour and still saw nothing in the window, bike on centerstand and all. The last time I changed the oil, I left the oil cap off while I let the oil drain, and it was at the F (in the window) mark after the suggested 2.7 quarts in just a few minutes.

So with that problem solved, how much damage might I have done with .30 quarts too much oil and less than 10 miles driven?

Comment

I would expect NONE. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by 78gs550

So with that problem solved, how much damage might I have done with .30 quarts too much oil and less than 10 miles driven?
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X