No announcement yet.

not a gs but two stroke ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know of no modern scoots that require premix. The 80's ushered in an era of relatively fault free oil pumps.

Comment

I own a dirt bike that requires pre-mix. It is a 2002 model Kasea.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Sorry, Dave, I'm going to have to veto your vote and say that it's running lean on the idle circuit.
        'Thumbing' the intake is the same as choking it to get it to suck more fuel, same as the old butterfly-style chokes.

My money is on something that is stuck in the idle jet.

Dam_ Steve...ya threw the "Judge Ito" at me.
        Alright theny...the lean's have it.

Comment

Have to pull the carb off to clean it then? I know enough about carbs to be dangerous, although I did fix my lawnmower and weed wacker without knowing what I was looking at. Sometimes things just work like that. I bought a new plug today.

Comment

new plug, same problem. Do I have to pull the carb off then to clean it? What am I cleaning anyway?

Comment

look here, it's not exact what you have but will be pretty close. most carburators are all pretty much the same.

this will give you an idea of what to clean and poke and spray. Also do yourself a favor and use a impact screw driver bit to remove the screws. Every carb i have worked on the screws stip out with normal philips head screw drivers.
              78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
              82 Kat 1000 Project
              05 CRF450x
              10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Thanks for all the response, I just wanted to post a couple of pics before I dive in and muck it all up/
                This machine ran great a couple of weeks ago and just developed this problem. the first pic is engine off and boot off so you can see the little devil

Comment

here it is i think

Comment

another one of the other side

Comment

and the little 50 as it looks

Comment

Just for reference: does that little beast possess an oil pump or does it require pre-mix?

Comment

it is pumped, no pre-mix

Comment

Working...
                          X