Clear All

How fast do you want to go anyway?

1978 Suzuki GS Turbo 1423cc
    Price: $4,000.00

Ad ID: 65054448
    Visits: 239
    Street address: Airport rd/ Williams Pkwy, Brampton View map
    Date Listed: 27-Jul-08

1978 Suzuki GS Turbo 1423cc. Orient express block, BHP belt driven magneto. Engine by NRC. Calfab swing arm. Campagnolo magnesium wheels. Marzocchi shocks. Magnum MFG turbo kit. Never fired up. No time to work on it. She needs a good home. $4000 obo. Will trade for Harley parts, Motors(car or harley), Pre 1965 cars or Vintage race parts. Please call 905-793-2762.

obviously not that fast because now he wants a harley.

Comment

How fast?

Maybe this fast ... and in comfort.

Look closely, that's a Gold Wing engine in there.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        How fast?

Maybe this fast ... and in comfort.

Look closely, that's a Gold Wing engine in there.

THAT is just plain recockulous. I have nothing else to say about that.

Comment

Well, seeing as it's never been fired up, I'd say he wants to go faster than 0. That goldwing bike is nuts. I would think you'd burn yourself non stop with that pipe routed that way

Comment

Originally posted by MunkyMastr View Post
            Well, seeing as it's never been fired up, I'd say he wants to go faster than 0. That goldwing bike is nuts. I would think you'd burn yourself non stop with that pipe routed that way
            It appears that the pipe that would be near your right leg goes to the center of the turbine, which would be on the intake side of the turbocharger. Appears no air filtering??

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Burke View Post
              It appears that the pipe that would be near your right leg goes to the center of the turbine, which would be on the intake side of the turbocharger. Appears no air filtering??
              I would have to say the carb is on the other side. With or w/out filter??? The turbo is sticking out at the top. Serious fabricating there.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Actually, I'ms not sure if that's intake or exhaust. Seems the exhaust would be a bit toasty there, but it appears to come out the center of the turbo, then lead back under the engine and go out the left side. I found more pictures of this bike and other turbo'd Wings here.
                Picture 14 is a great shot of the turbo, viewed from the top, which shows what is where, but still does not show the actual intake. It does, however lead to the front of the bike.
                Picture 16 is a view from the left front and almost shows the intake.
                Picture 19 shows the exhaust from the left rear.

sigpic
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

That would be intake...not hot, but it would tend to get pretty toasty over time with heat soak.

Comment

Turbos come off the exhaust.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

[quote=Roger P.;881507]http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLarg...?set_id=1C4000

......1978 Suzuki GS Turbo 1423cc
                      Price: $4,000.00.......

... It looks like the first improvement on it was pulling it out of the river ...

Comment

Id like to have that calfab swinger, and be able to run that pretty wide wheel its got going on. but other than that...man what a wreck...

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                          Turbos come off the exhaust.
                          True enough, but they are also plumbed into the intake.

Looking at pictue 14 that I referenced earlier, it is more apparent that the big chrome pipe that would be next to the rider's right leg is, indeed, the exhaust pipe. Looking at the picture, you can see the carb which is attached to the left side, making the chrome pipe the exhaust on the right.

Here is a left side shot, showing more of the intake:

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                            Id like to have that calfab swinger, and be able to run that pretty wide wheel its got going on. but other than that...man what a wreck...
                            Did you happen to notice that those are either Kawasaki wheels or real Morris mags?

sigpic
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride

Comment

I thought we wasted a lot of money on bikes....

Comment

Working...
                              X