Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different main jet

Hi all,

Whatwould happen if I go from a 115 main jet to a 125? would it be too rich?.

Thanks,
    Scott

P.S. It's a stock GS850G except for V&H 4-1 exhaust.

Maybe..............
    Is it lean now?
    With the 4-1 I would guess a 122.5 or 120 might do ya. If you had a K&N flter in the box I'd go with a 125.
    You know you are rich on the main if it runs better before warm than it does when it is fully warm at WOT.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

i run 115 and the plugs read ok
      GS850GT

Comment

Like most carb mods its always a bit experimental, so you really need to assess where ur at now with the 115. i.e. plug read and chop at different RPM ranges will confirm rich, lean or in between. Prolly better to be slightly rich tho than lean keeping in mind that the main jet really only comes into play in the mid to upper rev range. Hence the importance of checkin plug colour immediately after flickin the kill switch at these ranges.

No point whackin in larger jets without a benefit, in fact could actually dampen your HP and increase your fuel consumption. You would then need to consider stage 3 kit with pods. Hope this helps.

Comment

115 is stock on the 850. On my son's bike, the PO had 120s in there. The manufacturer of the pipe is unknown. Carbs are not yet fully dialed in, but the 120s seem to be just fine.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X