1980 gs1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs1100e

First off I want to say hi as this is my first post on the site. last night i picked up a 1980 gs1100. traded my honda vt500c for it. i was wondering if anyone knows of a pdf manual online for the bike. i can buy one but i just thought if there was one out there i would like to check a few things like tuning it up and such. if anyone could help me out that would be great! thanks

First off - Welcome! Secondly we love pics, the bike not you and then on to your question, I believe BassCliff has an owners manual on his site. He will be along shortly with your mega welcome.

oh and did I mention

Comment

alright here are some pics i just took.

now the thread is no longer useless. :-)

heres the vt500c we traded to get the gs1100e

bought the vt500c for $450 and stuck another $200 in it so i guess you could say we got the gs for $650 or so. i didn't thats to bad of a deal.

Comment

and here are two without the backrest

Comment

Looks Great!! And I think you got a very good deal....
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

NICE !! That looks a lot like mine. I'll look around my archives to see if I have a manual in pdf format. Put a dab of silicone on the inside of the side covers where your badges are attached. I lost one of mine recently because the nuts came off and the adhesive is crap after all these years.

Comment

thanks for the comments. glad you all think i got a good deal as well. thanks for the tip don and it would be great if you could find a manual.

Comment

Very sharp lookin' machine. You stoled that!

I ride an 81' 1100 and an 80' 750. Most of the parts are interchangeable (most, not all). So if you need anything for your 80' 1100 you might be able to use GS750 parts (from 80' & 81' only.)

The bike was severely changed in 82' so things like exhaust, carbs, brake calipers, won't match-up.

I know you'll love your new purchase and you'll be amazed at the power difference between your old VT500 and your GS1100.

You have certainly come to the right place. The folks here on the site are some of the most helpful and knowledgeable I've interacted with. I assure you, they know much more about these machines than the Suzuki dealers. Anytime you have a problem...come here first.

Welcome.....and I'm enviable of your purchase.

Comment

Working...
                X