Fork air tube and fitting... source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork air tube and fitting... source?

Anyone know a good source for the crossover tube / fittings on the air ride forks? This bike has the air valve on the right front fork and a crossover tube that goes to the left fork to equalize the air pressure. The fitting where the rubber hose connects to the left fork is damaged and fork oil sprays on the tank when the forks compress.

I can't see to find a replacement for the hose or the fitting.

Lets have some pics... might be an aftermarket unit as they normally don't have a linking piece just an air valve each side.

I have one of those aftermarket things, not complete but you can prob canabilise it in order to fix yours....

Your for a beer & postage

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

The 83 GS850, for one, had exactly this arrangement. The crossover is just below the headlight and above the lower triple clamp:

Look on the microfiches, and chances are you can order everything you need from Suzuki.

If yours has an aftermarket "air balancer" setup, then you might be able to replace it, find the parts, or just blank it off.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Block it off & get some progressive fork springs

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
          The 83 GS850, for one, had exactly this arrangement. The crossover is just below the headlight and above the lower triple clamp:
          Yep, So did the 82-83 1100E's
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
            Yes, this. Air pressure is a dangerously unreliable substitute for good fork springs set with the proper preload.
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
              Excellent Advice.
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

You can get a good crossover/balance kit from Progressive Suspension. Mine works great!

Comment

Blocking off the air

What do you fellas do when you don't run air, just leave the hardware stock or do you plug up the hole in the fork tube and remove the hardware ?

Comment

On my 83 GS850, I just left it in place and don't use any air.

When I disassembled the forks, I replaced the o-rings that keep everything sealed, or else it would spew fork oil.

On an older model that has the two separate valves in the tops of the fork tubes, I would consider buying a set of fork caps from a later model because they have a hex on top instead of the air fitting and are much easier to deal with since you can use a standard socket.
                    Eat more venison.

Comment

OK thanks ..

Comment

Working...
                      X