Exhaust.. POOF....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust.. POOF....

There is probably an easy explanation for the question I am about to ask, but since I am new to bike repair, I thought I'd ask the pros. About 2 seconds after turning of the engine('79 850) a noticeable poof sound comes through the exhaust, not so much a booming backfire, but a backfire of sorts, what is causing this, I assume its the carb and intend on rebuilding them anyway, but if it is something else please let me know. Thanks

Does it start and run?? I had problems with mine too 79GS850 Started having problems starting.was cutting out and backfiring while riding, finally would not run, and would backfire thru the mufflers, It did have weak spark?. Ended up being bad coils

Comment

It starts and runs considerably well, like I said earlier the carbs need to be torn down and cleaned real good. thanks for the response.

Comment

Walker, My 79 750e made a similar noise until I pulled and cleaned the carbs. While your there, replace those induction "o" rings between the carbs and the head (beat you to it Earl) That made my throttle response even better. And most of all follow the advice of these guys, their knowledge is incredible.

Dave W.
        Mount Joy, Pa.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, the carbs will be off next weekend for their and my first full carb cleaning experience. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X