Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this work?

Hello,

I have an 83 750 kat in bad need of a carb rebuild. I also have an 82 with many missing cosmetics but the carbs are there.

My thought were to pull the 82 carbs and give them a thorough going over and just install them in the 83. That would allow me to continue to commute to work and keep me out of the car until I was finished the job.

question 1- Are they the same carbs except fot the color?

question 2- The 82 carbs (I think) are stock. The 83 has a 4 into 1 pipe on it. Should I go one size up on the main jet while rebuilding the 82 carb?

Thanks for any replies.

Let em know if more information is needed.

C
    1983 750 Katana
    1982 750 Katana (parts use)
    1983 RZ350

anyone? Or is it a dumb question.
    1983 750 Katana
    1983 RZ350

Comment

as long as they are the same mm diameter i would imagine they would work fine.. i'd just swap jets between carbs, then swap'em back when you are finished.

Comment

go here

and see if the specs are the same between models, if so then yes you can swap other wise just bit the bullet and clean them.

78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

The 82 and the 83 engines are different, I would suspect that the jetting might be different. I would also suspect that the rail that holds the carbs is different, check the part numbers on the two years to see if the carb body is the same. If you have an aftermarket exhaust, you will have to jet for the exhaust.

Comment

I did some quick research after work and yes they do appear to be slightly different animals. Looks like i will be biting the bullet and cleaning the original carbs.

Thanks for the help and advice

C
            1983 750 Katana
            1983 RZ350

Comment

Just put them on & see how they fit, I would guess jetting would be close
              You will never know unless you try

Comment

Working...
              X