Air screw removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air screw removal?

I've been following the carb clean and repair manual here and everything has gone smoothly with the exception of the air screw. In the PDF the picture shows the air screw having a notch for flat head screwdriver removal. My carbs don't have this "notch" and I didn't want to damage anything trying to remove it without asking here first. I can't even get a small wire through the hole. It's like it's blocked by something more than debris. Anyways, here's a picture. Any help is appreciated.

That's as close up as I could get without the blur.

Those are actually caps. Drill them slightly bigger. Its very thin so dont go very deep. Screw a pointed screw into the hole and pop them out to expose the screws. No need to put them back on.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

ah, very cool. Thanks.

Comment

I just rebuilt my carbs and had the same question about the air screw plugs. They are only about 3mm deep so do be careful. They pop out pretty easily once you get a screw threaded into the holes.

Comment

thanks to the EPA this has confused many a new motorcycle mechanic for decades.

pointed screw then a spring then tiny washer and finally a tiny Oring .

get a pan and do not loose any pieces they are tiny tiny tiny
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
          X