steering damper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering damper

how many of you guys have fitted a steering damper to your gs1000e? i have the damper and the fork clamp but just cant sort out a suitable bracket to bolt it to the frame with good clearance and looking good as well. is there anywhere on your side of the world that makes a decent looking and practical mount?
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

This is what I've got on my bike - no idea who made it but it fits very tidily and works great. (photo nicked off ebay, whole lot only went for £20 and I missed it). Parts 1,2 and 3 are the damper + mounts.

I've seen this exact make on a few GSs so might even be a Suzuki extra. Fits on fork tube, under the bottom yoke, to the down tube on the frame, just under the bracing for the steering head - misses the cylinder head by millimetres so definitely 'made to fit'.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
      This is what I've got on my bike - no idea who made it but it fits very tidily and works great. (photo nicked off ebay, whole lot only went for £20 and I missed it). Parts 1,2 and 3 are the damper + mounts.

I've seen this exact make on a few GSs so might even be a Suzuki extra. Fits on fork tube, under the bottom yoke, to the down tube on the frame, just under the bracing for the steering head - misses the cylinder head by millimetres so definitely 'made to fit'.
      that looks like a kawasaki damper, i got a white power damper which is a lot longer. maybe too long for the bike but was ok for the price. would never fit with that frame bracket, probably smash a hole in the rocker cover lol
      1978 GS1085.

Comment

anybody any pics or info? trawled through previous threads but cant really see anything useful.
        1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
        X