mpg - l/100km

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mpg - l/100km

would someone have a handy formula or a link where i can convert miles per galon (usa) to liters per hundred kilometers

my 850 uses aprox 7 l/100km (if i push it hard)

just want to work out what that is in mpg so i can compare it to what others on the forum get
    GS850GT

Comment

just ask and 17 seconds later you get your answer...

so, that works out to just under 34mpg
      a little low
      GS850GT

Comment

quit beating on bruno!

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
          so, that works out to just under 34mpg
          a little low
          Not that it matters but is there a reason you have two left rotors on the bike?

Sharp looking bike, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by DimitriT View Post
            Not that it matters but is there a reason you have two left rotors on the bike?
            it came that way from the po...
            i assume thats because spare parts are really scarce here
            the funny thing is that i never noticed it until i had to change the rotor because it was warped and only after a mate pointed it out to me
            and im usually good at noticing little things
            anyhow, bruno now proudly has one left one right rotor
            GS850GT

Comment

Not to worry Mr. psyguy. If I ride my bike reeeeeealy slowly (45-55mph), I've gotten 45 mpg. In normal everyday commuting and running errands, riding like an old man (which I am) gets me 37-38 mpg. If I have too much fun in my everyday riding, I get 34-35 mpg. If I really flog it, I've gotten as low as 31.5 mpg. My last tank got me 37.6 mpg (162 miles on 4.3 gallons).

I haven't added Sea Foam in my tank for a while (for maintenance purposes). Maybe that will help.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

If I ride my 1100ES up to 95mph many times a tankful and pass 4 to 7 cars at a time I average 46mpg, otherwise I get 48mpg

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                  Not to worry Mr. psyguy. If I ride my bike reeeeeealy slowly (45-55mph), I've gotten 45 mpg. In normal everyday commuting and running errands, riding like an old man (which I am) gets me 37-38 mpg. If I have too much fun in my everyday riding, I get 34-35 mpg. If I really flog it, I've gotten as low as 31.5 mpg. My last tank got me 37.6 mpg (162 miles on 4.3 gallons).
                  thanks basscliff
                  yeah, thats encouraging info as i wondered how much the riding style influences the economy
                  when i said i get 34mpg when i "push it hard", i meant that the engine works above the 6k rpm much more often than under 6k
                  thats on the twisty country roads, mainly in the 3rd gear
                  so, all good
                  GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                    would someone have a handy formula or a link where i can convert miles per galon (usa) to liters per hundred kilometers

my 850 uses aprox 7 l/100km (if i push it hard)

just want to work out what that is in mpg so i can compare it to what others on the forum get
                    psyguy,
                    Just for comparison my Opel Astra 1.8 (I think they may be called Vauxhall out your way) gives about 6.4 to 7.5 l/100km on the open road averaging about 120 to 130 km/h. It will be quite intersting to see what the GS1000 gives on the same road. Hopefully lighter than the car.

Comment

5 Miles = 8 Kilometers.

So at 80 Kilometers and hour you are doing 50mph.

So divide your mile mpg by 5 and multiply by 8 to give you a Kilometer figure or via versa.

Suzuki mad

Comment

for fun, more than for anything else, i'll do what basscliff did and see what i get as a min and a max economy
                        the economy obviously depends a lot on how you drive the bike, cos you can drive it so it never sees past 4k rpm but you can also drive it so it rarely sees below 6k rpm (and thats what i was referring to)
                        in the end, what i get is what i get, cos there isnt much that i could improve on the bike i dont think
                        GS850GT

Comment

Here is a really cool link to a fuel calculator, does metric, Brittish and US conversions!

Online converter for units of fuel economy. Do you use liters per 100 kilometers, miles per gallon, or something else? Instantly convert any unit to all others.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
                            psyguy,
                            Just for comparison my Opel Astra 1.8 (I think they may be called Vauxhall out your way) gives about 6.4 to 7.5 l/100km on the open road averaging about 120 to 130 km/h. It will be quite intersting to see what the GS1000 gives on the same road. Hopefully lighter than the car.

Prior to rebuilding the top end of my GS750 which upon stripdown I discovered was actually 850'd with suzuki pistons, anyways, it was getting:

14Km per litre,
                            or
                            7.143 litres per 100Km
                            or
                            32.93 US miles per gallon (mpg)
                            or
                            3.037 US gallons per 100 miles
                            or
                            39.55 UK miles per gallon (mpg)
                            or
                            2.529 UK gallons per 100 miles

Since I have installed the Wiseco BB850 kit and the bike has only done 300Km, and is still being run in, I havent been able to factor my fuel consumption as yet, but it seems noticably better than when the engine only had 85PSI compressioN! LoL

(now has the Wiseco BB850 kit)

Comment

The 1100GK has a normal range of 36 to 42 mpg. (US) Highway riding at 60mph gives 40/41, but if the speed stays at 100mph the mileage drops about 25%.
                              Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
                              X