mpg - l/100km

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
    The 1100GK has a normal range of 36 to 42 mpg. (US) Highway riding at 60mph gives 40/41, but if the speed stays at 100mph the mileage drops about 25%.
    On my 1100G with windshield, soft bags and rack (maybe 75 pounds lighter overall without the touring stuff of the GK) I average 42-46mpg including commuter traffic and 90+ mph stints.
    You guys must live above the 6k rpm range to average such lower mileage. I don't know why you need to rev out these bikes, because my 1100G (and guessing the GK too) can pull a full load at 3k rpm and take off and pass just about anything, including 3 or 4 cars at a time, at 4-5k rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
      would someone have a handy formula or a link where i can convert miles per galon (usa) to liters per hundred kilometers

my 850 uses aprox 7 l/100km (if i push it hard)

just want to work out what that is in mpg so i can compare it to what others on the forum get
      Google will do calculations and unit conversions for you.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
        so, that works out to just under 34mpg
        a little low

Have you done a conversion to US gallons or Imperial
        The Imperial are bigger and will give a higehr number for MPG

if you are used to thinking in termsn of Mileage in MPG in Imperial USD will confuse you

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin Blackmore View Post
          Have you done a conversion to US gallons or Imperial
          The Imperial are bigger and will give a higehr number for MPG

if you are used to thinking in termsn of Mileage in MPG in Imperial USD will confuse you
          im only used to thinking in liters per 100km
          i converted to usa mpg to be able to compare to what usa folks on the forum get
          GS850GT

Comment

Working...
          X